Choosing which calendars to sync
Google Sync can sync up to 25 Google Calendars with the Calendar app on your iOS device (your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch).
To select which calendars to sync to your Apple device, follow these steps:
- Open the Safari browser on your device and go to http://m.google.com
- Sign in with your account and select your device from the list of devices you've set up for Google Sync.
- Bookmark this page so you can return to it easily.
If you use Google Apps, follow these steps:
- Open the Safari browser on your phone and go to http://m.google.com
- Click on Google Apps user? at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your domain name (e.g., YourDomain.com).
- Click the Sync icon in your domain area (this section has a green background).
- Sign in if required.
- Select your device to configure Calendars.
Using Google Calendar on your iOS device
With Google Sync enabled, you can do the following actions in Google Calendar using your iOS Calendar app:
- Create events and edit event details.
- Respond to meeting requests and update your attendee status.
- Change your Alert Reminder Time, e.g. "30 minutes before".
- See your list of pending invitations.
- When youâ??re invited to an event, it shows up as a ghosted entry in your calendar. If you choose Accept or Maybe, it changes to solid, and if you Decline, the event is removed.
- A popup appears on your device when youâ??re invited to a meeting. Pressing View Event allows you to see the event details and respond to the invitation.
- To turn off this popup, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > New Invitations Alert and turn off the popup.
- When viewing meeting invitations in your iOS Mail app, the calendar icon at the bottom lets you view the event and update your attendee status.
- The badge on the Calendar app icon on your home screen updates with the number of pending invitations.